Tuesday, January 09, 2007

that food food


let's see what's next on the menu

Asian-Hipsters, Asian-fetishists, plain-old-Asians and even you exotic non-Asians should check out the new issue of Theme Magazine. It’s The Transplants Issue (or is it ‘Trans-Plants’?) and I’ve got an interview in there with old boy Dan ‘The Automator’ Nakamura about, of all things, food! I’ll leave the usual ‘drum-machine’ and ‘crate-digging’ questions to other folk.

Buy Theme off the stands ‘cause it’s another beautiful ish as usual.
Or you can catch it on their updated website.

They even included a photo of Dan and I having what looks like a ‘romantic dinner for two’ (No Bromo!). Ha!

The editors titled the piece The Good Food and I’m not sure if it was a botched pun on That Good Good but that’s the only thing that comes to my mind (as usual). It’s all Good though…

However, I must take issue with the last line in the intro… “Here’s a taste, no pun intended”… You know my puns are always intended and I rarely pass up a chance for one because (if I may remix Bill Macy’s character comment on flan in Wag The Dog) “There’s no difference between good pun and bad pun.”

Fellow foodies dig in.