Friday, August 20, 2004

peeping ‘round corners, my mind´s playing tricks on me


below the level cause I'm livin' low
I ran across an article in Architecture magazine about digital architectural structures related to ‘map and level building.’ But what caught my eye was that it was written by none other than Public Enemy’s Media Assassin (and stealth architecture enthusiast), Harry Allen! Back in the twentieth century Harry and I sat in the Noho Star and talked informally about a hip-hop archival ‘space’ with dreams of a library/museum. I can’t help but think his current research can tie into that dream… sidestepping the problem of New York real estate costs and setting up a foundation virtually… at least initially. Harry explains some of his interest when he writes,“Map and level building may be the world's first digital form of folk architecture.”