5, 4, 3, 2
1 you’re done when I see you
In no particular ardor (no typo).
TURN OFF SHUFFLE. HIT REPEAT.
1. Ghostface and J-Love - Hidden Darts 2:
Topped ‘Pretty Tony’ with sheer energy.
2. DJ Smallz - Southern Smoke Series:
Unmatched dirty documents.
3. Jadakiss, Green Lantern, Big Mike - Champ Is Here:
Wish the album
was like this.
4. Daddy Yankee - Barrio Fino:
Kicked in the reggaeton door for me. Vamos!
5. Kanye West - College Dropout:
Radio friendly tracks. Social commentary. Light hearted concept album. Deadly earnest. Great cover/liner graphics. Egotistical underdog. Live show. Streets. Masses. Critics.
6. TI - Trap Muzik:
The 'new' great MC built for longevity. Just stay out the house.
7. Ludacris - Chicken & Beer:
Hilarious rhymes. Banging tracks. Experimental flows. Pop-star UNDER-rated as MC AND producer.
8. Dizzee Rascal - Boy In Da Corner:
The grime album with the dope MC and non-friendly beats.
9. Camron - Purple Haze:
Believe the hype. But go easy on the dips…
10. Trick Daddy – Thug Matrimony:
A grown-ass Dollars.
SHOW ME THE BAR WITH THIS JUKEBOX AND I'M BUYING
1. Terror Squad, Mase, Eminem - Lean Back rmx: Original bangs harder but Joe earns it here…
even batting after the blonde bomber’s brilliantly retarded flow for a useless verse.
2. Kanye West, Twista, Jamie Foxx - Slow Jamz (off 'College Dropout'):
Silly. Ridiculous. Referential to MY generations non-crossover R&B! Jamie mumbles ‘Ashford and Simpson’ like his heart is lost in rapture. Tops it with ‘Al Green’ high notes. Honoring old soul(s) and adolescent jokes. Still loved it in ’04.
3. TI - Bring Em Out:
Stand still? Swizz, no cheese.
4. Ghostface, Jadakiss – Run: Fragmented momentum. Like I got Nike Airs on.
5. Crime Mob - Knuck If You Buck:
Dark. Frightening. CRUNK. Flying dreads. Hide lunch money. Throw elbows.
6. Diplomats - Crunk Music: Reverb! Spectacular jack of your dirty culture
7. Peedi Crakk, Beanie Sigel, Twista - Gotta Have It:
State props (Cam dropped, maybe PC and BSig will soon!)
8. Jadakiss, Styles P, Common, Nas - Why? rmx: More reports, por favor.
Y’all and Jon Stewart
can hold it down.
9. Jay-Z - 99 Problems:
Def Jam’s founder and new president understand ‘old school’ doesn’t mean retro.
10. Daddy Yankee – Gasolina:
11. Pitbull – Culo:
Fave dancehallhiphopreggaetoncrunkmusic joint.
12. Snoop Dogg, Pharell - Drop It Like It’s Hot: ’04 ‘Grindin.’ ’05 Grime.
And then the Neptunes will rip it off too many times (no typo).
13. Juvenile, Soulja Slim - Slow Motion: Lazy lapdance with sexy strings.
14. Christina Milian - Dip It Low: Glossy lapdance by a movie star.
15. Petey Pablo - Freak-a-Leek: Nasty lapdance by around-the-way-girls with rhyming names.
16. Usher - Confessions Part 2: That where-the-fuck-is-the-melody-going brilliance. Man I’m tho’d.
17. Young Buck, 50 Cent - Let Me In: Twang. Clank. Clap. Thump. Well phrased threats
with a great accent.
18. Trick Daddy, Twista, Lil’ Jon - Let’s Go:
Ghetto metal propulsion stomp. Twista adrenalin when you think it’s leveled off.
19. Nas, AZ – Serious:
Dynamic duo drop on drums with multisyllable rhymes. Backpackers quiver.
20. Camron, Kanye - Down and Out: Dame said if his raps is wack at least we can throw Cam on every song.