Tuesday, July 18, 2006

'gang' re-up

I don’t know why State Property never got the proper commercial push-package. Maybe because every hip-hop fan I knew at the time hated every MC in the group (except Beanie). I thought I was losing my mind thinking 'Freeway is the future' and telling folk “One of the Young Gunz is really dope... he freestyled on the radio the other night and Jay couldn’t even follow him” type ish. And then Peedi joined SP... but folk thought he was more annoying than Freeway.
Alright so the first album didn’t have hits other than ‘Mic Check’ and the second… well, what exactly happened with that one, Dame? There were at least a couple street joints on there.
With all the drama involved with the break-up of the Roc and Beanie’s post-bid issues with SP members, I don’t know where ‘The Gang Is All Here’ is coming from. I’ll assume these are a bunch of tracks from Dame’s vault that got thrown together for some pocket change… I honestly have no idea. A few tracks may have shown up on mixtapes but all in all, there is really no logical reason to expect this collection to be anything approaching 'good.' But it may, in fact, be the best of the bunch… with all due respect to an absent Omillio.

Young Chris - Around My Old Way
Young Gunz, Peedi Crakk. Pooda Brown - What Up
Beanie Sigel, Peedi Crakk, Young Chris - Killn That